Spent the last couple of days trying to connect the manifolds to the mid silencer box. Bought 4 x 2" pipes with 45 degree bends in them however it was not quite so straight forward in fitting them as the manifolds pipes under the car were not parallel and both at slightly different angles. So to rectify I cut off the single pipes from the "Y" pieces and tack welded on new sections at slight offset angles so that they ran parallel again, not a easy job trying to do this when the car is only slightly off the ground and must admit it took me several attempts to get the angle right. I also discovered that the single pipes into the "Y" pieces from the old exhaust system had been pushed in too far and both were stopping the exhaust gasses from flowing freely, soon sorted that out with a hammer and old screwdriver.
Glad to have finished this section with a sore back and cut hands and will now be able to order some more bits to plan and fit the rear exhaust section,