Just had a bit of a game trying to fit the new fuel sender unit that came with the new gauge I ordered. I took the old one out no problem but of course the new one would not fit, I have got to the stage now where I almost expect nothing to fit correctly first time, ah well, the joys of a hand built supercar.
The problem was that the sensor box that sits inside the tank was slightly bigger than the old one and would not go through the circular hole with all the bits attached to it and the 5 screw mounting holes were slightly out of sync as well. So after removing the plumbed in tank from the car and a little to and fro I bent the floating bar to let me just about sqeeze everything in through the hole and then bent the bar back to shape once inside, result !
Another little job done and are slowly getting there,